Follow on: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Buzzsprout
How can journaling support you to care for yourself and cultivate resilience?
In today’s episode, I speak with one of the leading voices in the field of Journaling for Wellbeing and director of the International Association for Journal Writing (IAJW), Lynda Monk, about her years of work supporting others to use personal writing as a tool for wellness.
Our conversation covers many topics, including:
– Personal writing as a valuable self-care practice
– Journaling as a tool to prevent burnout and cultivate resilience
– The space for releasing and filling-up that the journal can provide
– How to create a safe space when facilitating journaling
– Lynda’s mentors and inspirations
– Lynda’s recent books and her work with the IAJW
– How Lynda uses her journal day-to-day
Towards the end of the conversation, Lynda invites me and you, the listener, to participate in a 5 minute writing prompt, ‘Right now, in my life when I take pauses, I notice…’ followed by our reflections on this exercise.
International Association for Journal Writing
Lynda’s co-written book, Writing Alone Together
Lynda’s co-edited book, Transformational Journaling for Coaches, Therapists and Clients
Registration is now open for the next round of my 6 week Journal to the Self course, which starts on Sunday 19th March.
Read more and book your place here
I hope that this episode has supported you on your journey of creativity and connection.
Find out about journaling workshops, courses and 1:1 mentoring.
Join JourneySong’s Write to Connect Community to participate in our monthly journaling circles; receive the latest news on workshops and courses as well as gifts, discounts and inspiration for your own writing.